22 April 2007

Life isn't fair and neither is film...

My short film showed at my church's film festival for high school kids, and being completely unbaised as I can, it was probably the best out of the 5 total films. But did it win? Nope. Well was the film that won at least one of the better ones? No, Ryan's was awesome and freaked me out. Harry/Erik's actually had a great plot. Kristen's was super well edited. And Who won? the film a kid submitted about beating down his friend and then running over him, all over a burger. Not to mention the fact all he did was act in it.

Punch-the-guy-in-the-balls humor is all that sells in theaters these days. A great movie will never be seen because no one appreciates real filmmaking these days. It's like the whole population wants to see something monkeys can do... As long as they don't have to think, its good.
It's frustrating.

I make films for people who want a story, who want to think, who want something to change. And I'm happy doing just that... even if I never get recognition.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kai said...

I feel your frustration. I've actually been tempted to make a movie with all the clichés a festival winner usually have just for the heck of it to see if it will win... Shouldn't be too hard to make, really.

April 22, 2007 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger cinemadolce said...

haha yeah, not too hard. :P

April 24, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home