25 July 2008

LMU Homework - Raging Bull, It Happened One Night, and Talk to Her- 5 thru 7 of 15

Okay so in the last week I've watched several movies:
The Avatar Movie (Show Finale)
The Dark Knight
Raging Bull
It Happened One Night
and...
Talk to Her.

First, non homework movies:
The Avatar series is one of my favorite animated shows along with Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. It has great messages, very likeable characters, and an interesting plot. The movie was an awesome sum up of the whole series, very wise. I enjoyed it.

The Dark Knight... oh there is lots I could say on this and I'm sure each person has their own opinions. I loved it! (*SPOILER*) My dad said the fact they HAD to blame everything on Batman ruined it for him, and the fact Harvey was portrayed as such a strong person but then fell apart so swiftly into a villain, was kind of odd... somewhat akin to Skywalker's quick transition into Darth Vader... just didn't seem developed enough.

HEATH WAS AWESOME, the Joker was phenomenal! The whole battle against this anarchy-thriving villain was thrilling and scary... because it is really something we can fear... it is basically terrorism. And how far Batman could use violence and aggression to fight it was another concern that parallels current situations in the world. Also, Bruce's realization that his identity is Batman and Bruce is the mask is interesting... he can't just walk away from this life.

To me the best thing was that the characters were very real in their internal struggles... they came alive to me. The superhero, good vs evil, traditional structure is always fun but twisted with the smart, maturity of the overall plot it created a truly awesome movie... That really kicked butt with new box office records! :) I recommend this, (but for children over 12... because it is disturbing).

Homework Films: (more on these later)

Talk To Her - This is a really well acted and directed film despite its somewhat disturbing material... but I liked the way it was handled.
Utilized the movie within a movie style as a metaphor for what made this movie oddly disturbing to me... but it also kept you in suspense about the whodunit
The main character Benito was a likeable creeper, you were sympathetic to him until you really know what he did.

Funny thing... my waiter at Anamia's reminded me of him because of the intensity of his friendly-ness lol.

It Happened One Night by the legendary Frank Capra! Witty little romantic comedy that even though the actress did not want to do it, that played right into her little pretentious character... she won an oscar for what she thought was her worst performance ever. Clark Gable was the lead man, the Brad Pitt of the day... well I don't think so but most sources will say so. :) Fun watch if you are interested.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is: AGREED. Dark Knight was simply amazing, taking the good vs. evil theme to the next level, and making all that follow have to claw up the mountain of perfection created around this film.

August 2, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home