07 August 2008

LMU Homework - Citizen Kane - 12 of 15

I just watched "the greatest movie ever made". And for its time, its relevance and technical beauty, it pretty much is the most cutting-edge film of the age. I will not rave that Citizen Kane is my new favorite movie, no it's not, But that does not mean I don't deeply admire it. In fact it's very inspirational as a filmmaker (besides that Wells was incredibly lucky, but luck is when opportunity meets preparation...). One other thing Wells had was such a deep multi-layered understanding of his main character as a hybrid of himself and Hearst, And it played well on the screen. Their shots and angles were fresh and the editing was unique... I adored the crane-ish shot through the club sign into the skylight that cross faded into the scene. :)

Power is self-destructive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home