09 August 2008

LMU Homework - Don't Look Back and Midnight Cowboy - 13 & 14 of 15

Nearly done.
Though I'm not watching all 20 movies on the list. just 15.

Don't Look Back is a documentary on Bob Dylan while he was in England in 1965.
Pretty interesting... pioneered the use of Cinema Verité, the director had created a portable 16mm camera and made portable sound so to get in the moment footage. But as I suspected Bob was putting on an act. People never act like their "true" self on the camera. But anyway, it was a good documentary nonetheless. I liked that even though it didn't have much of a plot the end note of Bob Dylan being an anarchist kind of summed up a little of the insanity and no rules way he went about things in the movie. Enjoyable... and I really like Bob Dylan's music. I want to see I'm Not There (2007)... a drama based on Dylan.

Midnight Cowboy... ehhh bleh. Good acting, nice editing and use of flashback to further the story. BUT I really didn't like the degrading view of humanity...
Okay so I'm being harsh... its true these people are here and they do immoral and stupid things, but I guess overall the story led to at least Joe finally realizing there are easier ways to make a living that are an actual honest JOB. Haha
So while I was screaming at the screen the whole time saying GAHH just get a job stop being so stupid and stealing all the time... at least the guilt led him to realizing he should look elsewhere to make his life less painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home