07 May 2007

2nd AD.

Production has begun on "Why Do I Look Like My Father?" and I have been given more responsiblity on this set as 2nd assistant director. Its exciting! A somewhat more structured producing machine than Bicycle Bobby, I have learned alot more about movie making on this set which I can use in the future. Part of my responsiblities is to wrangle talent, but since the set is very tight on space its near impossible feat to fufill and normally they hear Carolyn and by the time I get over there they're out of make up and on set. Heh, Maybe I'll get the hang of anticipating my superiors one day.

Our location is in South Dallas which really sets up the tone for this movie about how Raymond's relationship with his abusive father affects his family. We're shooting it on a Panasonic DVX100B (love this camera). They are shooting it in normal 3:4 aspect ratio then dropping in the 16:9 frames. Lighting is supurb! When making my own production I'm really going to want to invest in a good lighting tech (and of course someone skilled with audio). Those two things are what takes an amature look to golden professional quality.

I am going to love watching this film come together in its final stages.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more! Too many believe film-look is a magic filter in Final Cut, but real magic is done on set. And as far as sound goes I think too many amateurs (myself included) very easily neglect it and don't see it's real value.

Good luck on the rest of your shoot!

May 8, 2007 at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home