19 February 2007

San Francisco Day 2

The morning began with a nice walk to church. A goregous cathedral with paintings, ornate walls, and elegant statues everywhere. Very gothic. After we went to a little breakfast place and headed to the trollies again. While waiting in line a street entertainer played music and told jokes, trying to get everyone to pay attention to him and send some cash his way. One joke was:
Man: Kids be nice to your parents. I was here on vacation with my parents and I ticked them off. My dad told me to wait right here. I've been here ever since.

We boarded the trolly and rode it all the way to union square. It was fun, extremely loud as it groaned up and down the steep roads, and an interesting experience. From there we walked to chinatown, where the sidewalks and streets were litered with firecracker paper from that night's festivities for Chinese New Year. We did a little shopping where I got some of those firework popper things you throw on the ground, and I ate yummy sechwan (sp?) chicken and egg rolls. My fortune cookie was actually a fortune: A chance meeting with a stranger may change your life. Hmm... I wonder when and who that will be!

After Chinatown we had to catch the subway to The Victoria for the SF Indie Fest screening of Special (Creepy) Talents, the shorts program Chickenfut was playing in. The set we watch also included 4U (unexpectedly funny), Bad Dreams (good idea, but was very hard to follow and left you confused), and Cherry Bloom (interesting, but acting was sub par). Chickenfut, inspite of the fact I'm a little biased, was probably the best out of them all.

Driving back in the cable car was interesting... I sat in front of a man who kept talking to no one, probably reciting a movie he saw. It was strange. The end of the day included going back to the Wharf and eating some Chocolate Heaven chocolates and fudge! Amazingly delicious! A quick walk back to the hotel, grabbed our bags, grabbed a taxi, sat in the airport until 12am, and flew home, arriving here at 5:30am. I'm exhausted. San Francisco was amazing; I could picture myself there... Anywhere in California.

Have a five page essay to write. Hope I finish!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new blog! It's fun to read, you're a good writer. Keep it up!

February 19, 2007 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home